Our fund will be primarily focused on legacy luxury brands. What is legacy luxury?
- Built around a compelling and high quality product or service
- Has a dedicated customer base with the core elements in place to coalesce and solidify brand for expansion
- Brand equity is compelling; could be from heritage, design aesthetic, emerging segment or product category
- Ability to monetize and significantly grow revenues through category, segment, customer or product expansion
- Smaller privately owned; often by the founding family with generational control change. Revenues $10-50m and EBITDA $2-20m
- With an increasingly global footprint many of these brands need to have a global supply chain, sales network and systems. At their small size this is difficult to implement profitably with many businesses undercapitalized
While focused, this segment is significant with many investment opportunities in numerous categories and regions.